Tuesday, March 31, 2009

If you're not excited yet, you should be...


If you're like me, than you spent 8 hours of you life at a Rambo marathon on the night that the 3rd sequel, humbly titled Rambo, premiered. If you're like me than you sat there somewhat comfortably...no, wait. Who am I kidding? I had already been there for six hours, I was anything, but comfortable. But if you're like me then you didn't give a crap because director Sylvestor Stallone was making sweet sweet man-love to your brain. Now if you're like me than you probably are counting the days until he releases his next testosterone-fueled '80s action-movie-inspired love-machine.


The film is called The Expendables. What's it about? Don't care. Will it win any awards? Big no. Here's what I need to know. Writer: Stallone. Director: Stallone. Starring: Stallone...and every other bad-ass actor he could get his hands on. Hell even the governator has a cameo. Fuck yeah.


If you still don't believe me, here's the cast so far:

Jet Li

Jason Statham

Dolph Lundgren

Mickey Rourke

Eric Roberts

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Terry Crews

Danny "Machete" Trejo


And this just in. The man himself, Steven Seagal, has just been added to the cast. Filming has begun with a 2010 release date.


Happy dreams, my friends. There is at least one stimulus package coming that's guaranteed to save the world. Its name is The Expendables.


Professor P

3 comments:

  1. I loved Rambo. In fact all the First Blood movies kick ass, but Rambo takes it and goes so over the top in high adreneline testosterone, you might grow another set of balls just watching it. The end battle is a classic example of what happens with too many pyrotechnics and squibs. For every bad person who gets blown away, you just feel like standing up and shouting at the screen. The Expendables is a movie worth waiting for but I hear he is making another Rambo. Sweetness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That may be the most awesome description of Rambo I have ever heard. I absolutely agree...I almost did grow another pair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only did I grow another pair that night, but I also drank my weight in cola, which is where I got this hump from...

    ReplyDelete