Monday, June 1, 2009

We Won?

Yeah, apparently. A few weeks ago Professor Puff and his lady friend submitted a personalized translation of a Swedish music video to an exciting new blog which specializes in such things. We were not particularly proud of our offering, and we had no idea it was a contest, but, yeah, we won. So I guess this obscure validation warrants a post on L&G. Enjoy "I Toot."

http://www.tofulator.com/2009/05/07/i-toot/#comments

Also I would like to take a moment to acknowledge a milestone: Lies and Gasoline now has over 100 posts. Congratulations me and all you other fabulous editors.

Professor P

3 comments:

  1. This is hilarious. I was watching and thinking this was just some ridiculous video, and you and your lady friend were just writing down what the guy said. "Jude I need to pee at the store. You overheard this Dakota" I watch the video, and see the captions, and I can't believe he's saying anything BUT those words. But then I realize the words don't perfectly match up. And I'm guessing maybe they have some new high tech web app that messes up people's voices in Videos. After all, I don't think they award people for perfectly transcribing song lyrics, so this at least makes a little more sense to me. It wasn't until I listened without looking at the video, that I realized he is not saying "They got some algae coming, oh pick up some algae please" You thoroughly messed with my mind. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God, what is that song called?

    ReplyDelete